I'm guessing you're as bored with the usual Bios as I am. Since an objective at No Plan B is to conduct business with as few buzzwords and hype as possible, we've taken an oath not include anything resembling the terms holistically leveraged or esoterically integrated core competences. So, it seems best to start here, with the Bio.
Alright, let's begin with a summary of what you'll find out about me on a Google search:
- Born in New Zealand, lived and worked in NZ, Australia, South East Asia, and in the US since 2000.
- Senior VP & General Manager roles in large software companies, brought in to lead businesses with significant customer or revenue problems.
- Led the early adoption of Social Media and Online Communities at Sage Software.
Translation: I was the guy who posted his phone number on Amazon.com, so the angry ACT! customers venting there could call me directly. That allowed me to start having real conversations with customers who had problems. To make a long story short, that led to the creation of the ACT! customer community which was huge success for ACT!, Sage, and our customers. You can read the full story here.
Now for the other stuff:
- Being from NZ, I'm pretty good at solving problems. There's not much a Kiwi can't fix with bailing twine and duct tape!
- Love snowboarding & SCUBA - and actually do them.
- My garage is a disaster. It functions as a metal fabrication plant, shipyard, auto repair and woodworking shop.
Finally, I have the privilege of working at what I love to do. Technology is finally allowing people to conduct business in ways they used to in the Bazaars in Cairo - it's honest, direct, and fast. The days of hiding behind your PR firm's spin or your executive assistant's screening technique are gone. I love this directness, and I love helping CEOs enable their companies to thrive in this market.
Oh, and if you're ever at the beach near Dana Point, California, look out for the Inflated Ego. No, not me, it's the name of the boat!
Write to me at email@example.com or follow me on Twitter.